Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

Just Saying...Wouldn't mind
Honesty time-I HATE Valentines day. I think my hatred dates back to Junior High School where I was mocked mercilessly for my uncoolness and as they termed it "beast"iness. I never had a boyfriend--even through high school and always felt bitter towards a holiday where all the cute, stick thin, popular girls got showered with gifts and my parents threw me a pity dinner with a small gift such as a flower or some candy because they knew how much I hated the holiday. Looking back I can now appreciate their efforts, but at the time it made me feel ultra lame. Now one might say, "Hey Shellese now that you are married Valentines day should be awesome!" Or "Hey, at least you are no longer ugly" But I guess I just can't shake the nightmares from the past and I still hate the holiday.
First Time I went to Vegas with Justin. We hadn't even kissed yet. So Handsome and strong!

The ONLY saving grace  to this lame holiday is my Handsome Husband! In law school we were so poor we decided not to purchase lame gifts for each other because a stupid holiday told us to, but instead cook a really nice meal together and enjoy each others company. This has become one of my favorite traditions. Let us review meals of the past--It all started with Justin surprising me by cooking Ravioli and we ate it on a blanket in our living room and he called it an "indoor picnic" so cute and so fun! Other years we have done rack of lamb, manicotti, one of my favorite years was recreating the spicy lentil soup from Carabbas. It took over 3 hours, but it was SOO good, and it was fun to cook with Justin for 3 whole hours (during law school he didn't give me much time-rather his books). This year we are going to be cooking Prime Rib ( a small one people), mashed potatoes, carrots, rolls, and I am making a special Chocolate Raspberry ganache cake. So excited!


Mr GQ. His Groomal session. He is seriously so HOT! I married a very attractive man.
Justin is quite the romantic for those of you who don't know him very well. He always has a new nickname for me-currently it is either Freckles (I don't have any) or Little Tiny Baby Cat (which is very weird since I am neither a cat or a baby, but I'll take little tiny :) )  My very first nickname while I was dating, engaged, and the first part of our marriage was Cutie. I thought I was going to be Cutie until I died so I engraved a message on his ring and signed it "Love Cutie".

Poems are very romantic and so to make this post semi pro-valentines (with his permission) I am going to post a poem Justin wrote about me. (He said I had to copy write it---psh lawyers) I may not love Valentines day, but I do love my husband and think that taking the time to celebrate each other and our love isn't that bad of an idea. Maybe one day I'll love the holiday, but for now I'll focus on the love Justin and I have for each other. This is my favorite poem he has written about me, and I feel so lucky to have married a man that loves me this much.

Cutie
You do something to me that I can't describe,
Whenever I'm with you make me live.
Cutie, my Love, you are everything to me,
Each time I'm with you I constantly want to give
My whole heart to you.

You do something to me that I can describe,
You help me to enjoy life more and more.
You calm my worries, and lift me up,
To you, my Love, I want to pour,
Out all of my heart and soul.

Every time that I'm with you I fall in love over again,
Your beauty and charm have stolen my heart!
Cutie, my Love, you mean so much to me; I love you, and I always will!
From you I never want to part,
From you my Love, my Joy.

You change and mold me into the better man,
That I want to be for you my love.
You make the earth stop with your smile,
And Every time I'm with you I give praise above
For the blessing that you are to me.


I love you so much Hun! Happy Valentines day from your Cutie, Freckles, or Tiny Baby Cat:)


No comments: