Friday, February 3, 2012

2012

Okay so I have been inspired by all those around me to update my blog. Maybe once a week I'll get on here and write some thoughts. If i take too much time I will not want to blog-so don't expect anything big HAHA.
My man in HANDSOME!
Life is good...the past year was pretty hard for me, but I have come to the realization that life really is good. I am sooo blessed. I have 2 wonderful families and the best husband. 2012 is already shaping up to be the best year (I feel it in my bones and my heart).
2012 started out by Justin taking me horseback riding for my birthday. SO CUTE! I was super scared because horses are so tall, and I'm tall, so whenever I'm on a horse I feel like a giant. Plust you alwasy see in movies horses bucking people off or hearing of people who get injured, but I sucked it up and had the best time! Our guide was the bomb. He even gave me a horseshoe at the end that he found on the trail. Thus contributing to my feeling of goodluck in 2012.My horse was the bigest and his name was Franklin. Justin rode a slightly smaller horse names Scout. They were both awesome and held up like champs. I decided that horses were not that scary, but rather amazing animals and we have already booked a second trip through Groupon for later in February. Justin's dream is to own horses some day. Who knows...personally I think they would be too much work, but they are pretty fun to ride. LOL Justin and I are the weirdest people we are like gangster cowboys living in the big city...just doesn't seem right. First step to turning Justin into a true cowboy is to get that man to like some country music. Right now i'm just enjoying my time with him.
getting my kiss on during the ride.


My sisters from the Gourley side. We are HTL!


Me and Matthew in Mexico
Already I have been to Indiana to visit my sister (in-law, but she is really my sister). Her year started out with her son in the hospital for pneumonia and her other baby sick so I flew out to give a hand for a week. It was so much fun. Both of her boys were doing much better by the time we left. If any of you go to Indiana make sure you go to the Children's museum it was the BEST! and if you go, haha, make sure you visit the Barbie exhibit and walk to runway and design a dress. I really am such a kid. I Love her little boys so much and I love her and her husband. I'm actually tearing up thinking about how amazing her family is. I am so lame:].
amazing sibling! cut out the boys at the end and you see how cute me and my sisters are from the Nelson side! We are Ridiculously Hot.
I then flew to Utah to spend some time with my family. This was the best trip home I have had in a while. Every night at least one of my brothers and sisters were over. We played games, stayed up till 2am making macaroons, went shopping, went indoor skydiving (AHHHH so scary), I got to spend lots of time with my nephews who are SOOOOOOO CUTE, spent good time with my grandparents, and I sewed a skirt the day I left. Every day was jam packed and some of the best times were spent doing the simple things...like making macaroons or playing rook before the debate, or the car ride up to Ogden. I most enjoyed getting to know my 2 sisters Brooke and Erika. They are each amazing and bring so much into our family. I am so glad I have them as sisters!


Who knows what the future holds for 2012, but so far I have another horseback riding date, 2 sibling graduations (Way to go Parker and Scott!) a possible trip to Disneyland, and hopefully something big!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, this totally makes my heart smile to see you back to blogging! It also gives me a little desire to get back to blogging myself. Love you! Go 2012!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

YOU BLOGGED! I'm so happy! We miss you guys very much. We're going to visit Seattle next week for some hearings and the Judge is going to speak at the Law School. It would be way more fun if you were there! Praying for great things for your 2012. It's the year of the Dragon...ANYTHING can happen! Woohoo!

Justin and Shellese said...

Man I am slightly jealous you are back in Seattle. THat sounds like so much fun to go back for a visit...I emphsize VISIT. HAHA. I hope you get good weather. And steph BLOG it is kind of fun. You should check out my brothers blog walter-plaid. It is hilarious.