Thursday, April 26, 2012

So I'm Pregnant!!


Okay so I am not going to post any of these for 8 weeks, but I wanted to get my thoughts down while they are fresh.

I did in vitro Monday, March 26th at 2:30pm. Out of all the transfers I have done it was the hardest. Apparently I didn't drink enough water and it was hard for them to see my uterus so they were pressing pretty hard with the ultrasound. I almost cried, but hey I would do anything for a baby so you suck it up and move forward.

The next week was TORTURE! I laid completely flat for a whole week. Seriously if you think this is easy try lying completely flat-only getting up for the bathroom-for the weekend. You will find it is hard, very hard!

Things I noticed different this time than the other three. First I started to get cramping around day 3-4 after the transfer. It felt like my period was going to start and it kind of worried me a little. Second Around day 5-7 I started to get serious hunger fits. I am not kidding-I would be fine and then BOOM if I don't get some food I am going to pass out or kill someone. Third-one day I got really sick feeling. I was dizzy and slightly nauseous.

On Friday the 30th I had my first blood test and then again on Saturday. These were my baseline HCG level tests. For those that do not know HCG is the hormone that is released when you are pregnant. To tell if your pregnancy is viable they test your blood. Every 2 days your HCG levels should be doubling. Side note-in order to be considered pregnancy your HCG level should be at least a 5.

On Monday the 2nd of April I had my third blood test. Here were my results:
Friday- 3--not pregnant yet, but at least there is some present
Saturday- 24-WOW the number more than doubled I am PREGNANT!
Monday- 91-WOW still more than doubling so EXCITED
Thursday- 540- ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I was hoping for 250 :)
Monday 9th- 2971- Feeling pretty good about these numbers!

I feel beyond blessed to have finally found success. I am so glad that through it all Justin and I have stayed true to our faith and put our trust in God and his plan for us. I know that God loves each and every one of his children. It has been a hard road to walk, but I didn't have to walk it alone ever.

I am not posting this because there is still a chance I can lose the baby, but I am so excited. At 8 weeks if I am still pregnant I will be telling the world! Cannot wait to be a mom. We have an ultrasound on Wednesday the 11th to see how many implanted. If I am really honest I want twins :)

1 comment:

Kristen and Erik Cambridge said...

So excited for you! You are going to be the best mom! It looks like you got your wish:) Twins! Your life is never going to be the same, but in such a good way. Congratulations!!!!