Thursday, October 2, 2008

FHE Fun


I don't know how other newly married couples feel, but I find it very hard to hold FHE with just the two of us. Justin and I decided to make a stronger effort to have FHE every Monday night and so far we are doing great!






Justin had this amazing idea for FHE one night. He decided we should go to Michaels and pick out Halloween decorations to paint and in the end decorate our apartment (Seriously don't you think that idea was AMAZING).






We spent about 30-40 minutes in Michaels picking out our items and paint. Right before we checked out Justin found this cool Fireplace mantle decoration kit from Martha Stewart. I think it is on my top 5 list of decorations. It totally brings to life the Halloween spirit. Here is what we ended up with!


To be honest Justin painted the pumpkins that night and I painted Frankenstein, but the rest were finished over the week. Seriously the pumpkins looks SOOOO real-didn't my man do such a good job? I loved loved loved this activity and have decided this will be an FHE activity for each holiday month!

Here you go check out what we painted and how cute our apartment looks all decorated.

4 comments:

Ryan and Ashley said...

SO CUTE! I want to be more of a decorator, but I am just not crafty. Maybe a kit like this would make it a lot easier. I might just copy you guys. For FHE, Ryan and I take turns planning the lessons. Then we just sing and pray. Usually takes oh, 20 minutes, but at least we are being uplifted. Can't wait to see you guys.

Vanessa said...

So cute and creative! Love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting pictures! You guys are so cute and so much fun. I love it. I can't wait until we all live close again. Love you guys, and great job on the decorations!

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh we totally should have weekly discussions about Grey's because nobody I hang out with cares about it...they are all watching stupid things instead of fabulous Grey's Anatomy (who knew there were even other shows ON on Thursday nights??? :) Anyway I agree with you...definitely they should bring back that army guy...that was great!